3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Heroes 5k Run

9/11 Heroes 5k Run
Downtown, West Chester.

Today was the 10th anniversary of 09/11/01.  Certainly, the most memorable day (as far as what is happening in the world) of my life.  I can remember it as if it happened yesterday.  Obviously, a tragic and horrible experience for New York, Washington DC, and Flight 93 in PA.

Well, my sons are too young to understand what the day is all about, and I really dread the day I have to explain it to them.  I decided that the best way I could spend the day with them though is to make it all about fireman, police officers, and EMTs.  I want them to know that this is the day we celebrate those professions.

So, we started off the day by picking up 2 dozen doughnuts, and headed over to The Goshen Firehouse.  There were 3 men on duty there, and were very appreciative of the gesture.  They provided the boys with stickers and coloring books, and then proceeded to take us on a tour of the firehouse.  The boys got to go out of each and every truck (fire truck and ambulance there).  They even put on the lights as well.  It was fantastic.  I will be sure to make this a tradition on 09/11 every year.













____________________________________________________________________________

At 2pm, we had the race in downtown West Chester.  We each had on a solid color for the day.  Chris had red, Nathan had white, and I had blue.  I wasn't going to run anymore races with the boys this year, but this one was too good to pass up.  









No comments:

Post a Comment