3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Saturday, March 17, 2012

2012 Sun Trust Rock N Roll Marathon

2012 Sun Trust Rock N Roll Marathon
March 17th, 2012 in Washington DC

I traveled to Washington DC last night to see my good friend Tommy Graham, his wife Krissy, and his daughter Susan.  Also coming into town were his sister Jen, mother Pat, and his friend Danny (who I have not met before).  Most people don't have 2 slices of pizza and 2 glasses of wine the night before a marathon, but we sure did.

We get up at 5am to get ready.  We depart by 6 for our trip on the Metro.  It is about a 45 minute ride.  We arrive about an hour or so before the race.



The race is at RFK Stadium.  This used to be the home of the Washington Redskins.  Back when they played here, they were good.  Then they got a new stadium, and now they suck.  Certainly one of my favorite things about Washington is how bad their football team is.

We wait around about an hour before the start.  We line up in our corral (Tommy and I are in the same corral).  Of course, we have to wait about 20 minutes before we get to cross the starting line.
Tommy and Danny

me and Tommy

waiting for us at the end of 26.2 miles




RFK





This is for GQ


So, finally, Tommy and I are coming up at the start of the race.  The sun is just coming out.  Little did I know that it would be going up to 75 degrees this fine day.  I wasn't prepared for that at all.





Mile 2

Mile 2

around mile 3





The White House


Mile 11 or so





Mile 14

One of the Smithsonian buildings






National Archives




















No comments:

Post a Comment