3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Blue Cross/Blue Shield Broad Street 10 Miler


2012 Blue Cross/Blue Shield Broad Street 10 Miler
Philadelphia, PA


Jared and I ran the Broad Street Run today.  The easiest part of the day was the run itself.  Getting down to the race was a pain in the ass.  We had to park in FDR park, with everyone else, cause the freaking 76ers game at 1pm had the Wachovia center parking lot closed down.  This was a logistical nightmare.


pre-race


So we get on the train for what is supposed to be a 17 minute train ride.  Good lord!  This is how close Jared and I stood together for 45 minutes.
Jared on the train

me on the train


The race started at 8:30.  We got off the train at 8:25.  It was a freaking zoo at the start.  I think there were about 32 thousand runners.
Start


1/2 way point.
City Hall

City Hall


I finish in about 1 hour 47 minutes.  By no means is that good, but I had fun any way.  Jared and I had a few beers back at FDR park before we went home.
Post race



I was excited to get home and see that my house was still in tact.


Nathan and Chris with finisher's medal


Finally, my good friend John was kind enough to watch my kids while Jared and I did the race.  He deserves a medal for it, so we gave him one.

John with the boys










SWAG
Finisher's Medal

T-Shirt

Race Bib



No comments:

Post a Comment