3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Saturday, November 9, 2013

OBX

11.09.2013
The Outer Banks, North Carolina

So I took off at 2pm on Friday (yesterday) and started making my way down to the Outer Banks.  Got in at about 9pm to Casa de Elwell in Corolla. Mike, his soon-to-be fiance (a week later) Sarah, and Sarah's friend Alex were already there, and in the hot tub with beer and wine.  Well that is not too shabby a way to start a marathon weekend.  Race started in 34 hours.  Plenty of time to get drunk, recover, and then run 26.2 miles.

Next morning, headed down to Kitty Hawk for the expo.  I hadn't signed up in advance.  They offered expo registration, but I was nervous when I showed up that they would be sold out.  Sure enough though, I registered and all was well.

Small expo, but still had all the good running jazz that I needed.


marathon expo



After that, I went over to the Wright Brothers National Park.  It was right next to the expo.  A small museum, with a monument on top of a big hill.  It was pretty cool, and it was a nice last minute visit (I didn't plan it in advance).














Got back the Elwells at noon, and just hung out for the day.  Had a good carb dinner.  We all watched Silver Linings Playbook, and then off to bed at 9pm (had to be up at 5am).  Oustanding, relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment