3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Monday, August 25, 2014

Self Transcendence Marathon

Self Transcendance Marathon
Rockland Lake State Park
New York

An interesting marathon, being that it is on a Monday.  I took the day off work so I can trek up to New York State to do this run.  The Park is about 15 miles north of New York City.  It had a 7am start (which is great for an August marathon)












The course was a loop around a lake that was slightly less than 3 miles.  We had to essentially run 9 loops around this lake.  They did have mile markers all the way around for EVERY mile, so you always knew exactly how far into the run you were.




Each aid station had a layout of water, gatorade, soda, chips, pretzels, etc.  The aid stations were all a mile apart, so come the second half of the marathon, I was in great shape.



















There were also a bunch of these signs around the course.  This was one of them.




I finished in just under 7 hours.  I walked most of the second half of the course, and made no bones about it.  I was in no hurry to finish.  I was relaxing, listening to my iPod, and enjoying the scenery.

This was a fantastic race.  It was flat.  The weather was perfect.  Aid every mile.  You could easily stop and take a break if you wanted to.  No traffic.  Easy to get in and out of (parking).

I am sure I am will do this one again at some point.  Glad to have a New York marathon out of the way.


T Shirt:  front



T Shirt: back



race bib



finisher's medal



Dedication:

With marathon #9 now in the books, I wanted to dedicate this one to someone who is a hero of mine.....Chris Martin 

Some of you may know Chris as the singer of a band (I think they are called Coldplay, or maybe its Coldfront, or Coldtooth...I don't really remember), but to me he is much more than that. Earlier this year, Chris (37) and his wife Gwyneth Paltrow (41) announced they were splitting up. We all have those celebrities we just don't like for some reason, and mine has always been Gwyneth Paltrow. Chris could sit in a room, write sad songs, and sulk about it......or.....he could start dating 24 year old Jennifer Lawrence (currently the most popular and bankable movie star in Hollywood right now).

Chris Martin = hero







No comments:

Post a Comment