3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Philadelphia Half Marathon


Philadelphia Half Marathon
Philadelphia, PA


I have decided to make this event (the Half Marathon) an annual event for me, where I run with somebody who has never run a half marathon before.  Last year it was John Gwiazdowski, this year it is Pablo Loescher.  Pablo and I go all the way back to middle school, high school, and even college.

So Pablo and his lovely lady Bridget show up at 6:15am at my house, to make our way down to the start at 8am.  We get to the city a little before 7am, and park probably about a half mile away from the starting line.  As we get out of the car, we hear the national anthem playing.  Turns out the race started at 7am, and not 8am.  At first, it was a second or two of panic, but then I realized, this is perfect.  It will take us ten minutes to walk over to the start, but that still gives us plenty of time to get going, since it takes about 25 minutes to get all the runners across the starting line.  Sure enough, Pablo and I walked right into our corral and were across the starting line in 5 minutes.

Instead of posting all the pics, I created a slideshow in the link below. 



Pablo Loescher's First Half Marathon


Pablo did fantastic.  He actually pulled me along for the last mile and a half, and I recorded my best finish ever for this race.   Afterwards, we drove back to West Chester, for another run.



pre race


Mayor Nutter High Five



Finishers


bib



race t - front




race t - back









No comments:

Post a Comment