3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Sunday, April 26, 2015

2015 Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon

04/26/2015
Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon
Canton, OH


We stayed at a hotel about 2 miles away, so getting over to the start was pretty easy.




This was the first time Jared and I ran a marathon/half marathon together.  The first half of my race (the half that Jared ran.....again, Jared ONLY ran half) was through the town of Akron.  Lots of uneven payment which made for a bumpy run.


Jared finished, a good 45 minutes before I got to the half way point, which means he had plenty of time to go back to the hotel, take a shower, take a nap, watch The Godfather, get his car washed, go to mass, etc.


I finally rolled in at after the 6 hour mark.  It was a tough run, and I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep.  The good thing was that Megan was there waiting for me at the finish. 

Now we had just a short 6 hour ride back to West Chester.  What a hell of a weekend.

race bib






Finisher's Medal






Dedication

Yesterday, I completed Marathon #11, and knocked out the state of Ohio. Since the marathon, was the "Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon", then the dedication of this marathon had to go to a football player.  Now, I thought long and hard about this, because I know it will make some of my friends not happy. But after I thought about it, I realized thats just silly. Red Sox fans had an appreciation for Jeter. Celtics fans had an appreciation for Magic, as did Lakers fans for Bird. Surely, it is OK for me to have appreciation for the greatest Cowboy I ever saw.

You might be thinking I must mean Emmit Smith, but I think Emmit was the most overrated RB in the history of football. Then it must be Aikman, you say? Hey, remember that awesome, career defining victory that Troy Aikman had where he put Dallas on his back and won the game. Yeah, me neither. Surely it must be Michael Irvin. I can say that of all the WRs in the Hall of Fame, only one was ever shut down by a rookie cornerback (Eagle CB Bobby Taylor).

No indeed, the greatest Cowboy I ever saw is a gazelle, just like me. He was also the hero in my favorite play of all-time (clip below). Thank you for being an inspiration, Larry Allen. This one was for you.







No comments:

Post a Comment