3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Dave Matthews Band concert (My 30th, boys' 1st)

Dave Matthews Band concert
BB&T  Pavillion
Camden, NJ


Its no secret I have been waiting for this day ever since Nathan was born.  Taking my boys to their first DMB concert has been on mind for ages.  Trying to figure out when was the right ages were, where to see DMB,  do I bring anyone else with me....

About a month ago, I thought of the idea of taking them to see DMB tonight.  It was a Saturday night during one of my weekends.  The band was going to be in Camden.  Certain stars were already aligned to make this happen.  However, they were still too young for me to take them by myself.  I was just going to wait another year or two.

But then about a week ago, I got a text from Mike Elwell about going to the concert.  He and his wife Sarah were going to be in town for another event.  Mike thought we could go to the concert afterwards.  The wheels started to turn in my head, and I thought that if Mike and Sarah were there, that maybe I could actually pull this off.

I called Mike to ask him if this whole plan to bring the boys was ok.  He said that it was, but he also has a pregnant wife, so this whole thing was going to just be played by ear.  All week I had told the boys that we might go, but maybe not.

Finally, at 5pm on this Saturday night, we were a go.  We went over to The Elwells for a pre-concert cookout.   Got in the car around 6pm and started to make the trip to Camden.  We had no ticekts.  We were hoping we could buy some at the gate (but were not 100% sure we could).  Of course we had to pay $30.00 to park, and parked just on the other side of the Ben Franklin Bridge (a good 3/4 of a mile walk, which was not going to be fun on the way back).






So we trek to the venue, and walk up to the ticket gate.  Sure enough, we were able to get lawn tickets with no problem.  We make our way through security, and up to the lawn.




Now we have a blanket, 2 young boys, and a pregnant wife that Mike and I were going to have to deal with.  We decided to rent chairs.  For $5, you could rent chairs for the concert, and then just leave them when the show is over.  Beautiful!!!

















______________________________________________________________________________


These are picks on the band's website from this show

















No comments:

Post a Comment