3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Sunday, November 18, 2012

2012 Philadelphia Half Marathon

11/18/2012 - Philadelphia Half Marathon
Philadelphia, PA





Running just the half marathon this year.  I figured I would just take it easy and only run 13.1 miles.  This year, I am accompanied by my friends Tommy and Krissy Graham.  Jennifer Graham was nice enough to drive us down the race.  It actually worked out well, as we arrive at 6:45am (15 minutes before the gun went off for the elite runners).  Perfect timing.


2 Douches

Sure enough, my old rival was there too.  I should have known.  




Getting ready to start the race













and we're off



This was around mile 4.  An old guy was running with an American flag.  Just another to add to the list of people who have kicked my ass while running.


Now, I use the camera on my iPhone.  Because I am still in 2008, my camera on my 3G iPhone isn't too good.  I didn't take too many good pictures, but I did like the below one here of The Art Museum.  This pic is taken about a half mile or so before the finish line.








I hit a wall around mile 9.  I walked and ran the rest of the way.  I finished at 2:46.  Not too good, but I still had a lot of fun doing it. 

Mayor Nutter

Mayor Nutter presenting an award

In all seriousness, this is one of my favorite pictures ever from one of my races.  Medals and foil capes!


Tommy and Krissy Graham, with yours truly




So, after a mile walk to 30th Street Station, we took a train to meet Jen.  It would not be right for visitors coming into Philly to NOT have a cheesesteak, so we went to Dalessandro's for some. 

BEST...CHEESESTEAK...EVER!!! (cause I was just THAT hungry for one)












Finisher's Medal



No comments:

Post a Comment