3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Broad Street

Blue Cross Broad Street Run
Philadelphia, PA


So this is my first big race of the year.  This will be Johnny's first Broad Street Run.

Johnny, Monica, Gage, and I all drove down to MacDade Blvd, and picked up Jared on the way.  We parked at FDR park, and started our journey up to the start

Pre race


Oh, and before the race, we needed to give John some encouragement for his first Broad Street Run.  This is the only way Jared and I know how to do this.  Remember, I only make fun of people I love....if I am not making fun of you, then chances are you just aren't that important to me.


Encouragement for John.


We all got these stickers in our race packets to wear for the race

all the runners wore this sticker



OK, so the race did not go well for me.  Sure enough, I had to take a whiz as soon as we started.  I made it about 4 miles with John, and then I had to stop and go.  Unfortunately, I then tried to catch up to John, which was a big mistake.  I came in at about 2 hours and 14 minutes, which is by far my worst time ever.  Still, I had fun, and I was proud of John for doing his first 10 mile run.  (and of course Jared smoked us both)

Afterwards, we had a nice post race tailgate.  I was not getting up out of my chair.  I wanted a pic of the 3 of us, and I made the guys stand behind me.

post race




Awful time.  I should be ashmaed of myself





These were just 2 pictures for the Expo the day before the race.  John and I drove down with the boys to Lincoln Financial Field to pick up our race SWAG.  The boys got some balloons.

Chris with his dragonfly

Nate with his snake

No comments:

Post a Comment