3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Namaste 5k

Namaste 5k
(virtual run)




So what was the race for you ask....."All monetary profits from this race will be donated directly BuildOn and our efforts to build a school alongside the community in Nicaragua, and will be supporting  access to education for ALL. " (taken straight from the website  Namaste 5k)


The day before, I took the boys to Sesame Place.  We met the Grahams there a few hours later (Tommy, Krissy, Jennifer, and Susan).  The 3 kids had a blast, and passed out on the car rides home.  Sure enough, the four adults were exhausted.

So when Sunday morning rolled around, I was pretty tired from the day before.  I really didn't want to get up and run, but I did have child coverage, so I thought I would get out and do my 5k.  I literally just ran up and down my street for about 40 minutes or so.  I have no idea how far I went, but I know it was more than 5k.

After the race, I had the boys make a sign with me for Kristie Regan McCourt's facebook page (race organizer).  Of course I had Jen Graham take the picture.  Notice the 5k at the bottom is not in the picture.


Seriously Jen Graham, did you really cut out the 5k in the bottom of the picture when you took it?


What the hell does "Namaste" mean?  Beats me, so I looked it up.  

I spent the rest of the of the week trying to drop the word into conversation at least once a day.  I don't even know if I am saying it right, but I get an A for effort.  I also got a gift card to Target (randomly selected for participating) which is nice.

I was proud of doing this run, because I really didn't want to physically do it.  I had already donated, and I almost convinced myself that I did my good deed anyway by donating in the first place.  But something just wasn't sitting well with me that morning, and I told myself I needed to run (and I knew I could make a cool sign with the boys, so that gave me a little extra motivation.).  Well worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment