3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Monday, June 13, 2011

Juneathon 11 - Day #13

Juneathon 11 - Day #13

1 mile run at East Goshen Park






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Todays movie recommendation:

The Departed



This movie fascinates me for several reasons.  The actors of course are the best part.  Dicaprio, Damon, Nicholson, Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, and Mark Wahlberg (who was nominated for this).  Bascially, the movie rests on Dicaprio, Damon, and Nicholson.  Going into the movie, I was sure Damon would be sold, and Jack would be great, cause he is Jack, but Dicaprio was the big question mark.  Leo is a great actor, but never bought him as a tough guy before.  I had my doubts as this movie started.





Leonardo Dicaprio - the undercover cop who is the rat in Jack's crew.  I was blown away by how good he was in this movie.  I expected him to be the weakest link.  Instead, he was the best part of the movie.  This was his best movie (and that is saying something).  I never bought him as a tough guy, but I do now. 

Jack Nicholson - the mob boss Frank Costello.  The complete opposite of Dicaprio.  I thought he was awful.  So over the top, it wasn't even funny.  I think my problem stems from The Godfather.  The Godfather teaches us that there are Micheals and Sonnys in the world.  Michaels last, Sonnys don't.  Jack was a Sonny.  It was completely unbelievable that a guy who acted the way he did would make it to the top, and stay there.  Didn't buy it at all.  I thought it was one of Jack's worst performances.

Matt Damon - Hard to like Damon in this, because his character was a mole.  He played it well though, and you really felt sympathy for him.

Mark Wahlberg - The role itself wasn't that critical to the movie, but man did Wahlberg nail it.  He really nailed it.  He was phenominal.  Just like Dicaprio, this was his best movie.  Great career move, Mark.

What I really loved about this movie is that you really feel sympathy for both Dicarprio and Damon.  Even though they were on opposite sides, you got the feeling that they were victims and both stuck in a situation they couldn't get out of.  Great movie!






No comments:

Post a Comment