3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Juneathon 11 - Day #2

Went for a run on 4 mile run on Struble Trail after dropping the boys off at daycare.  I usually do 5, but just was not feeling it today.  My goal is to try to run in 30 different places for the month, so I wanted to save Struble for later.  I'm gonna try to do an afternoon run somewhere, and take pics so that I can use Struble another time.  We'll see how the day unfolds. 

It was a nice peaceful run this morning.  Nice just to digest the last week, which was pretty crazy.  We have so much beer in our house right now, that I need to run even more, so that I can drink the beer.  Good lord.  Its gonna be a tough week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was able to get in a second run at Goose Creek Park.  It was only 2 miles, but it felt great.  I shorted my last run, so I wanted to make up for it.  I ran here a lot in the winter, but I forgot just how green it can be in the spring








-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets see, since I am also a huge movie buff, I figured I would through in a movie recommendation as well.  There may be some higher blog activity viewing, so I figured I would share some movies that I like with other runners who may be viewing this.

I'm going to start with "Road to Perdition"  (Tom Hanks, Paul Newman, Jude Law, and pre Bond Daniel Craig)





Just some reasons why this movie is phenominal (without giving away storylines)

1.)  Hanks playing a bodyguard/enforcer.....let me say that again......TOM HANKS plays a bodyguard/enforcer.  That in itself was just amazing to see.  To think of Tom Hanks as a tough guy in any way or form is just crazy.  There is a scene where his charachter (named Michael Sullivan) is coming down a dark flight of steps to a door with a guard.  He says "I'm here to see (whoever)".  The guard answers "yeah, and who are you?"  Hanks steps into the light and says "I'm Mike Sullivan."  The guard is actually scared at this point and says "Right this way Mr. Sullivan."  Somebody was actually scared of Tom Hanks.  Awesome!


2.)  Of course the greatest actor of all-time in his last big oscar nominated role, Mr. Paul Newman.  He plays a godfather type role in the movie, only the family is Irish, and not Italian.  His demeanor was just fantastic.  Even in a role like this, Paul Newman is just so likeable.  I think it is one of my favorite roles he has ever played (and that is saying something).


3.)  Jude Law.  When this movie came out, Jude Law was one of the big young actors on the rise.  He was considered a good looking guy, but in this movie, he is really creepy looking.  He plays an assasin.  Very different than anything else I have ever seen him in.


4.)  Daniel Craig.  Also a giant creepo.  Remember, this movie came out in 2002.  If I told you in 2002 that this would be the next James Bond, you would've never believed me.  Craig is the big villan in the movie (and not ruining anything by telling you that). 

5.)  Finally, the music and scenery are just wonderful.  There are great soundtracks like Braveheart, Gladiator, and Last of the Mohicans.  I put this soundtrack up there.  The scenery was great too.  The movie has a real cold feel to it (takes place in Chicago, so it makes sense).  Costumes and props were phenominal for this movie.

If you have never seen this movie, please check it out.  Only complaints I ever heard from some people (not all, just some) is that it is slow in the beginning.  I can see their point (don't agree, just see their point).  Having said that, I think it is one of the best movies I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment