3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Race #1 - St. Patty's Day Prediction Run - Struble Trail, Downingtown

The Downingtown Running Company put on a free prediction run on Struble Trail this fine Saturday morning.  Melissa did the run with me, Felix was nowhere to be found.

I have done a few prediction runs, but this was my first 5 miler, so I wasn't sure what to put down for a time.  I put down 47 minutes, and would've been happy with that time. 

Before we started, I got to test drive a new pair of shoes.  That was kind of a nice treat.




Kevin Matthews getting ready to start us off




Struble Tail without snow.  Never thought I would see the day again




So I crossed the finish line, feeling pretty good about my time.  I was hoping to break 47 minutes....well, I got 43 minutes and 41 seconds.  Needless to say, that was the best time I ever had for a 5 mile run.  It was a fantastic feeling.  That isn't a great time or anything, but a respectable time, good enough to convince a person who didn't know any better that I have a shred of athletic ability. 


Here is a pic of Melissa and I, standing in front of a van with a pic of runner with the same physique as me.



Finally, back over to the Downingtown Running Club for post race refreshments and awards.




Bad news, my actual time was way off from my predicted time, so no prizes for me.  Thats ok though.  Running a 5 mile race with a sub 9 minute pace was enough to make it all worth it.

2 weeks to Ceasar Rodney 1/2 marathon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment