3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Race #2 - St. Pat's Day 5k Run/Walk - West Chester, PA

Ok, so the second race of the day is a 5k run in downtown West Chester.  I decided to run this race with the boys.  I figured it would be a good idea to run over an hour before the race, register, and then come back to get the boys.  While I did that, the boys baked Grammy's birthday cake.  I also got the boys all dressed in green for the race




So, registration for the Saint Patrick's Day Run was held at a  Mexican Restaurant.  Gotta love that.  I guess the Cinco De Mayo race will be held at Kildare's Irish Pub in a few months.

Nice race shirt






Here are the three of us before heading out to the race



And here is the same pic, but Chris has his finger up his nose.  Priceless



Runners gathering at the starting line



Boys in their green gear, having some pre race soft pretzels



About 5 minutes before the race, the boys were asked to participate in the 50 yard dash for kids.  Now, they had never done this before, so this was going to be interesting.  They were given free shirts, so I put them on over their jackets

Here is Nathan:


Here is Chris:


There is just something cool about all these serious runners getting ready to run (in the background), and I just had this "chill out fellas, my boys are running first" attitude.



The boys had to run 25 yards down the street and back.  Nathan did great.  Chris ran 25 yards, but didn't realize that he had to run back, which was really cute.  I was very proud of both of them.

Got the boys into wagon to get ready for Daddy's Race.

The starting line




I ran the race is 35:06, which was the best time I have ever run a race while pulling the boys in a wagon.  2 for 2 for the day on personal bests at the distances I ran.  I have one more race tomorrow (5k) but not sure if I will run with the boys or not.  So far, a great running weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment