3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Inaugural Cabrini Alumni 5k Run


My 2nd 5k of the weekend

Back to the old stomping grounds at Cabrini College for the Inaugural Cabrini Alumni 5k run.  Jared and I drove up together, stopped to get some soft pretzels for the post race munchies, and then got to the Dixon Center (which I can't believe, is now 14 years old).

The Gwiazdowski clan came as well.  Monica and Gage watched Chris and  Nathan while the rest of us did the run.  That was very generous of them to do so.

Next up, Jon Czech arrived.  I hadn't seen Jon in about 10 years.  It was great to see him.  I hadn't seen Phil Gagliardi in even longer than that, so I was just as happy to see him when he rolled up.

There were about 15 runners, which I thought was totally fine for an inaugural race.  I'm sure next year, we will have at least 30 runners.


Gwiz, Czech, and I

Jared, Gwiz, Czech, and I


Before the race, we took a walk down to the new turf field.  I know it is not new now, but it wasn't there when I graduated in 1999.  It was gorgeous.





Jared



Now, we were getting ready to start.   Our cheering crew below was getting restless





and...we're off


Jared and I leading the pack (yeah, like that is going to last)

Phil and John




My god, this was the hardest 5k ever.  There are 3 entrances to Cabrini, and two of them are at the bottom of some pretty steep hills.  It was brutal (but at least there was lots of shade).


Jared finishing up


me finishing up



Phil and John finishing up




Gwiz and Phil finishing up

Nathan

Chris

Gage


Jared being Jared (beer in hand)







Phil and John had ran together and finished together.  When they were placed, Phil had gotten 10th place and John 11th.  Needless to say, I ragged on John for not finishing in the top ten (like the rest of us did).

Jon Czech finished first
Jared finished 3rd
I finished 8th
Phil finished 10th
John finished 11th


...

No comments:

Post a Comment