3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Athlete's Closet Winter Series (2 of 4) - 5k

This race was supposed to be yesterday, but was postponed by the snow until today.  I was not signed up for it, since I was participating in the 5 mile run on Struble Trail.  However, Niki and Uncle Phil were signed up for it.  Because the race was postponed, the two of them were unable to run it today.  Niki informed me of this last night, and inquired if I would take her spot, and if I knew anybody who wanted Phil's spot.  Well, sure enough, within 2 minutes of that I had contacted Chris Felix, and it was a done deal. (so, I ran as Nicole Bugey, and Chris ran as Phil Difrancesco.





so, Chris and I met over at the Athlete's Closet for a 9:30am 5k run in West Chester (off of 5 Points Road). 
It was chilly, but the roads had been plowed so just a few slick spots.

Some pics from the start








Here is a pic of the actual starting line (just cracks me up)




and a picture of Chris Felix disguised as Phil DiFrancesco






and we are off...
the course weaves through a neighborhood like a serpentine.  Lots of rolling hills.  Good thing was though there were not a lot of cars around, so I always felt like I could run in the middle of the road




Finished it in 29:20.  Not a great time, but lot of hills, so I will take it.  All in all, I wasn't planning on doing this until about 8pm last night, so it was kind of a nice late notice surprise.  Looking forward to doing the next one in February.

Finally, Here is a nice picture of Nicole Bugey and Phil DiFrancesco.  Phil does look different, but not THAT different.  Niki on the other hand looks very different, and absolutely phenominal! 

Phil and Niki:

No comments:

Post a Comment