3 Bugeys and a Wagon

3 Bugeys and a Wagon
11/13/2010 - 5k Stomp Out Hunger: Immaculata Collge

Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Years Resolution Run - 5 mile (2 of 5) in Downingtown, PA

Woke up this fine Saturday morning with about 2 inches of snow on the ground.  Was that going to stop me from headed out to Struble Trail, of course not!  Met with Chris Felix at the start of Struble at 8:45 in the morning.  Since it was snowing, I was not sure if the run would still be on, but sure enough it was.  Had to be about 25 runners or so.  Runners had their choice of running 2.5 or 5 miles.  Myself and Mr. Felix elected to run the latter. 

Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera, but my lord was the scenery beautiful.  Running with an inch or two of snow on the ground was a little challenging.  Running with snow blowing in your face is even more challenging, but that was for only the first 1/2 of the race.  Of course at the 1/2 way point, I wiped out as I turned around.  No problem though, got right back up and starting heading back to the zero mile marker. 

Finished in 57:30, which I did not think was bad for running in the snow.  A certainly unforgettable experience running while it is actually snowing.  Hope to do it again someday. 

Next week, Mr. Felix and I will be running the Pickle Run in Ridely Creek State Park, so we will not be able to do the 3rd run (of 5) of this series.  I'm sure we will return for runs 4 and 5 the following weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment